Publicly available records provided by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) indicate that broker/advisor, Jilena Yuen-Han Mok (CRD # 6115674) was recently suspended from the securities industry by FINRA’s Department of Enforcement after an investigation into unauthorized trades.
The Law Office of Kevin J. Deloatch, Esq. is interested in speaking to investors who have complaints regarding Ms. Mok.
Registration Background for Jilena Yuen-Han Mok
Ms. Mok first became registered in the securities industry in 2012. She is currently registered with New York, NY based Aegis Capital Corp. (CRD # 15007). Her prior registrations include Edward Jones (CRD # 250) from February 2013 to March 2023.
According to the FINRA Letter of Acceptance, Waiver and Consent (AWC) dated November 14, 2023 (No. 2022075150801), Ms. Mok consented to, without either admitting to or denying, the following findings by FINRA’s Department of Enforcement:
- “On April 25, 2022, [Ms.] Mok effected eleven trades in the non-discretionary account of an Edward Jones customer without that customer’s authorization, knowledge, or consent”;
- “Between November 2020 and October 2022, [Ms.] Mok exercised discretion in the non-discretionary accounts of nine customers by effecting 108 trades without having communicated with the customers prior to execution on the day of the trades”;
- “Unauthorized trading occurs when a registered representative effects a transaction in a customer account without the customer’s prior written or oral authorization or the consent of a person authorized to act on behalf of the customer”; and
- By virtue of her actions, Ms. Mok violated FINRA Rule 2010 regarding standards of commercial honor and principles of trade, and FINRA Rule 3260(b) regarding discretionary accounts.
FINRA Suspends Jilena Yuen-Han Mok from Securities Industry
As a result of such violations and in addition to the above-described findings and conclusions, FINRA’s November 14, 2023 AWC also indicates that Ms. Mok consented to the following sanction(s):
- a two-month suspension from association with any FINRA member in all capacities; and
- a fine in the amount of $10,000.00.
Jilena Yuen-Han Mok Has No History of Securities Industry Customer Complaints
In addition to Ms. Mok being suspended by FINRA from the securities industry regarding unsuitable recommendations, FINRA BrokerCheck for Ms. Mok reveals that she has no prior history of customer complaints and/or customer-initiated arbitrations.
Have You Lost Money with Jilena Yuen-Han Mok?
If you or someone you know has or had a brokerage account with Ms. Jilena Yuen-Han Mok and have concerns regarding losses in your investments or possible sales practice violations including fraud, you may be entitled to recover lost funds. The Law Office of Kevin J. Deloatch, Esq. has an extensive securities law practice and over 30 years of experience on Wall Street. Call today at (646) 792-2156 for a free consultation. The time to file your claim may be limited so you should call today to avoid delay.